SEAL OF SUSTAINABILITY
Seal of Sustainability™ Awards in Washington D.C.
The previous Seal of Sustainability™ Awards were presented to three companies by members of congress See the press release for more information, visit our gallery for pictures of this event.
WHAT IS THE SEAL OF SUSTAINABILITY?
The Seal of Sustainability™ (“Seal”) is a form of recognition given to businesses and business leaders throughout the world for implementing sustainability practices. The purpose of the Seal is to honor those businesses which are committed to sustainable business practices. The Seal is also designed for marketing purposes to raise consumer awareness of sustainable products and technologies and to influence their purchasing decisions.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE SEAL?
Businesses of all sizes who are committed to sustainable business practices in economic, environmental and social aspects are invited to apply for the Seal.
WHO ARE THE SEAL RECIPIENTS?
SBI has awarded the Seal of Sustainability to small, medium and large companies worldwide. Learn more about the Seal recipients.
HOW CAN MY COMPANY EARN THE SEAL?
The Seal involves an application process for companies that are seeking the award recognition. The Seal applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications how their companies address sustainability from economic, environmental and social perspectives in their business practices. In reviewing applications, we are seeking companies whose actions and programs demonstrate the following criteria:
- Commitment to implementing sustainable business practices, specifically at the operations or board levels
- Success in achieving sustainability goals & objectives while maintaining and enhancing profitability
- Actions that go "above and beyond" the minimum requirements of applicable laws and regulations
- Setting a new "best practice" standard or baseline within an industry or business sector
- Actions in production, manufacturing or elsewhere that set a “sustainable” example for the recipient’s industry
- Intent to raise public/consumer awareness of new sustainable products & technologies
- Verification with management that a company is making progress towards sustainable business practices
BENEFITS OF RECEIVING THE SEAL
- Public recognition for exceeding regulatory compliance and being a leader and innovator in sustainable business practices
- Gaining a powerful branding and marketing asset
- Identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Increasing ROI while reducing risk
- Attracting and retaining employee talent
- Positive publicity with stakeholder groups
- Attracting investors
BENEFITS FOR THE PUBLIC
The Seal provides the public a way to evaluate purchases based on a business’s economic, social, and environmental impact. By choosing products from companies that have earned SBI’s Seal of Sustainability, consumers know they are contributing to the restoration of natural systems that support all life on this planet.
In order for a business to remain a recipient of the Seal, it must provide verifiable evidence of continued improvement.
JOIN US TODAY
Apply for the Seal of Sustainability by emailing your request to email@example.com
For more information about the Seal, please contact Jessica Fullmer at the Sustainable Business Institute by telephone at (408) 370-5783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PICTURES FROM THE SBI D.C. EVENT IN 2007
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.